Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Website Graphics Software I Use To Make Cool Custom Graphics

The most common tools I use to create website graphics, website backgrounds, website banners, web design graphics and web page graphics are as followings:

Vector Graphics, Vector Drawing: CorelDraw. I use it because I know it better than Adobe Illustrator. I usually only use vector tools to quickly envision a website layout.

---

---

Bitmapped Graphics, Pixel Graphics: For fast work I use Adobe Fireworks. For detailed photo editing I use photoshop. If you use Dreamweaver, Fireworks integrates much better into it. Microsoft Paint is simply not powerful enough to use for website graphics -- such actions as layers and masks are not possible. I will explain this more in later posts. You can also use the free software called GIMP which mimics the web graphics capabilities of Photoshop but is sometimes a bit difficult to use. If I had to choose only one tool, it would be Fireworks.

Photoshop Filters, Graphics Filters: I use a lot of filters including the stock filters and Alien Skin Eye Candy. The graphics filters I use most are drop shadow filter, glass filter and metal filter.

Well those are pretty much the only graphics software tools you need to make killer website graphics.

No comments:

Post a Comment