Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Fireworks?


Many people have been asking me why I use Fireworks. Well I was first directed to Firworks when Dreamweaver owned the product and one of the top web designers in Toronto told me it is almost all he uses. Why? Because of speed. In designing graphics for a living, time is money and the faster you can build website graphics, the more you make.

The advantage to me is that when you move your cursor around, the element you are touching automatically selects the layer it is on. I'm not sure if this is in photoshop but I am pretty sure it's not. If it is it's hidden. This feature alone saves me hours a week in designing my web graphics.

The other advantage is that it can use photoshop filters you already own.

Anyway, you can download a Free Trial Version at: Adobe Fireworks CS4

I cannot attest to this version as I still use Fireworks 8.0 as it does everything I need it to do on my slow computers and integrates into Dreamweaver 8 perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment